Thursday, November 17, 2016

Patchwork Friends Mini Quilt Show

Joining a swap is a nice way to make new Patchwork Friends.  My new friends are Lynn and Karen and Mara I've met in a swap before!!  It's time for the reveal for the Mug Rug swap.
The Sachet swap was organized by Karen at Easy Patchwork.  The mug rug swap was organized by ladies in Kathy Tracy's Small Quilt Yahoo Group.  Kathy also has a facebook small quilt group with lots of wonderful photos.



I love that Lynn from Louisiana made
this darling mug rug depicting the two of us
having a little tea party.
Karen from TX made the sweetest sachet, all
ready to add some potpourri.  And
the little Needle Wisdom booklet is
full of vintage sketches, sayings and poems.
I love it!

Lynn also included extras: some tea and a darling tiny tea spoon and even the
instructions to make the mug rug.
(The free pattern is by Red Brolly and can be found here.)

And here's the sachet I made for Mara, along with some fun cloth labels for embellishing.

And lastly, here is the little mug rug I made for Lynn.  It was Sept. and I was wanting to sew for fall but not necessarily with fall colors and so I created my own tiny 2 1/4" maple leaves (you can see the tutorial here) and I used Jenny's sewing machine block pattern for Pat Sloan's Splendid Sampler sew along and you can find that free pattern here (I reduced the size down).
Thanks for checking out the show!
Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday and Crazy Mom Quilts.

3 comments:

Lynn S said...

Hi Sheri! I love the sewing machine rug mug you sent me. The colors are so amazing! Your little leaves are so perfect! Thanks for the tutorial on these too! Hope you have a wonderful December!

KaHolly said...

What a lovely post! I can see I'm going to like my 'new friend'! Glad you like your sachet and booklet. You made and rec'd some adorable swap qifts! I'm looking forward to taking a little 'scroll' through your archived posts to become better acquainted! Enjoy your weekend! XO, karen

Two Chicks and a Mom said...

I love your mug rugs! I have my snowman mug rug out that you made me last year:).

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...