Saturday, October 1, 2016

Bright and Colorful!

I love how vibrant and happy this quilt is!
Another coworker is retiring and my manager and her daughter pieced together this bright and colorful quilt top! 

I'm so glad I can help out a bit in the process by doing the machine quilting on my Sunshine 16!  The colors and designs in the fabrics make you want to dance and so the quilting is wavy free motion lines that are swaying to the music!
Each block is made of a 3 inch center square and then 2 inch strips as shown.  In this quilt, right in the center of all the colorful strips, is a black and white checked square. 

The recipient is 70 and still going strong.  I'm sure she will love this!


These blocks turned out a bit smaller than the others and so Maggie sewed them into the backing.  

Sew, sew cute!!

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.

3 comments:

Christie said...

I showed this quilt to my almost 7 year old granddaughter and she really really likes it and wants me to make her one similar to this. So, thank you for sharing this. Now, time to go shopping for fun bright fabrics (I'm a reproduction lover)! HUGS... and stitches

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

I love this quilt! And I really like the way you quilted it.
Cheers,
Sylvia at Treadlestitches.

legato1958 said...

Beautiful quilting on this pretty scrappy quilt!
Susie

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...