Friday, July 24, 2015

Christmas in July -- Christmas Corner 2015

Welcome to Christmas Corner:  A place to share Christmas Sewing on the 25th of each month.

 Here are the Little Joys Blocks I've been sewing, a free Quilt Along from the Jolly Jabber blog. 
You can find all the block tutorials here.  Actually this is not the Little Joys wreath block.  See more info. in the next caption.
A closer look at the blocks:
1."Trim the Tree" block
2.  The present block is called the "Season of Giving" block.  
3.  The wreath (from a quilt along in 2011-- also from the Jolly Jabber) is called Holiday Homecoming and here's the link.
Because the wreath block pattern is for a 10" instead of 10 1/2" I adjusted the cutting instructions so the block would go with the others, and took a picture to share and for future reference.


My other Christmas Quilt Along is the Not So Last Minute Christmas Quilt Along (NSLMCQA).

 Here is the Angel block.  The NSLMQA is hosted A Quilting Chick, but I'm not sure anyone is still participating since I haven't seen any activity lately.  But maybe with Christmas in July kicking off some holiday sewing, it'll catch on again.

  I altered my angel by making her hair and gown longer and adding a halo.  She'll get an embroider face later, I think.
Here are the rest of my NSLMQA blocks:


And here are the cutest decorated gifts bags for presenting treasured gifts embellished with some fabric and wonder under!

My friend Donna has a tutorial over at her blog, Two Chicks and a Mom.  Here's the link to the tutorial.
Isn't it clever that she ironed on fabric, added buttons, and some little marking pen accents?
I'm going to make some of these soon!


Thanks for stopping by Christmas Corner!
Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts.  Be sure to stop over and see Amanda's Oh My Stars quilt-- it's wonderful!

3 comments:

Two Chicks and a Mom said...

Thanks for the share! I love your blocks, especially the two Christmas trees:).

Julie @ The Crafty Quilter said...

It's always fun to see your Christmas projects, Sheri. You have really been on a good roll this year! Isn't quilt math fun? Thanks for including your changes for the wreath block!

Elaine said...

Those are really cute, that angel? I didn't know you paperpieced too. They are looking sweet and festive. Oh my, I should be in the Christmas spirit mood soon enough.

X O X O

I've already packed up nearly all the Valentine's decor so wanted to finally get all my Valentine posts completed.  I wanted a small...